Friends I need guidance - hollow and ocean

Informações sobre as certificações oracle, dúvidas, exemplos, OCP, OCA, OCM, etc.
thrrent

Friends, very good night.

I am very interested in taking the hollow certification and ocean, but I need some tips and guidelines of which best way to follow, according to your experience:

] - Currently the certification is still based on version 11g or is already 12c? What is the best option?
- I read on a website that is possible to take the hollow and ocean certification together, depending on the proof that is chosen in the first phase of the OCA, in case it would have to be the "Oracle Database SQL Expert" 1Z0-047, but The post of the site I saw is old and I do not know if this is still valid and if the exam code is still the same.
There is some preparatory material that is complete, dedicated to these evidence, in the case "Oracle Database SQL Expert" and the "Oracle Database 11g - Administration I" 1Z0-052.

The site where I got the information is:
http://www.rodrigoalmeida.net/torne-se- ... ificacoes/

In case for me, I found the way 2.

From now on, I am very grateful for any collaboration. : D
stcoutinho
Moderador
Moderador

Hello Thrent,

The 11G certification is still active for those who wish to make it.
Now about doing 11g or 12c, you need to ponder the following points:
- Which release do you have more experience?
- In your work, are you already using 12c?
- Both releases have study material to study for proof?

A colleague of mine studied for the OCA12C. Despite having found books on the theme, he did not find proof simulators for this exam (eg Selftest).

About 1Z0-047, it can also serve as a requirement for the OCA. The advantage of doing it is that passing the same you get a title of Oracle Sqlexpert (Oce), but that does not release you to do the other evidence for OCA / OCP. In my opinion, if your priority goal is the OCA in the DBA area, I would not recommend this exam because of its complexity. There are less difficult SQL exams for the OCA. Unless you are a developer or a professional whose SQL knowledge is essential.

for SQL Expert, you can use to study version 11G or even 10G. It is independent of the release.

For the OCP exam you need to have made an official Oracle course in the release you are providing the exam. The OCE and the OCA do not require conducting courses.

There is a very interesting site from CertificaDB where you can get better information on the theme.

Hugs and good studies,

Sergio Coutinho
  • Information