Connection of tables on different banks

Scripts Diversos para o Oracle SQL*Plus. (Relacionado a ferramenta Oracle SQL*Plus, para questões de SQL, usar o forum SQL)
ds.santos

I have a query table in the 2007 access for you make select on it plus my boss asked me to go to Oracle SQL Plus and I wanted to know if it has a way to interlock the Access table in Oracle and which command I should use.
victorhugomuniz
Moderador
Moderador
:D

NOSAAAAAA

I do not even know if a dblink would work with Access because I do not know if they consider Access database ..

in any case if you have way and via dblink
ds.santos

so you are not helping in nd why they want me to update this to have in a more modern plant as this bank and items will be that someone has a solution for me to connect the access in oracle because otherwise I have to make 5000 thousand insert and It's losing a lot of time.
victorhugomuniz
Moderador
Moderador

daughter ..

the solution and you create a dblink la in your oracle for your access and then you will be able to do a select in the oracle of your table that is in your access ..

If you can not create your dblink, do something like this ..

Select all

select 'insert into sua_tabela (campo1,campo2) values (''' || campo1 || ''',''' || campo2 || ''');' from sua_tabela 
with this SELECT LA Your Access will generate all your 5000 instructions and then and just export the result and rotate in your Oracle

ready your 5000 inserts in a blink of an eye

8)
ds.santos

Thanks for the patience ..
victorhugomuniz
Moderador
Moderador

I just made a comment / joke with regard to Access, just that, in no way my goal was to offend you if I did the excuse.

I think I gave you 2 factive solutions .. Other details of your question ..
alexrsilva
Alex Silva
Analista de Sistemas
11i.10 Applications Developer Implementation Champion
11i.10 E-Business Suite Integration Champion

Ds.Santos,
As Victor said, you can use a dblink to make this connection.
I saw a post about making a dblink connection with SQL Server. As it was via ODBC, then the answer is yes. You can do that.
I'll see if I find the link and I'll pass.
As Victor also mentioned, Access is a limited "bank". It would be interesting for you to talk to your boss, I know he should know that, but talk again, why not pass on to a more reliable RDBMS.
I say this because I'vê seen it and I had to try to recover "bank" Access that a network logged in, simply hung up his machine without closing the Access and the bank was "locked". No one managed to unlock and the person lost a week of work because the backup had not been programmed correctly.

Sincerely,
diegolenhardt
Moderador
Moderador

If you go via dblink is using heterogenees service,
alexrsilva
Alex Silva
Analista de Sistemas
11i.10 Applications Developer Implementation Champion
11i.10 E-Business Suite Integration Champion

Yes, it's the Heterogenous Service.
follows the [url=http://www.databasejournal.com/features ... Server.htm]link that I talked about this connection.
You have to see the right setup for Access, since the tutorial is for SQL Server.

Sincerely,
  • Information