Oracle 9i in Windows Vista

Este forum é destinado a perguntas relacionadas a Oracle, mas que não se enquadram nos forums acima. Aqui serão tratadas também sobre outras tecnologias da oracle, como o Workflow, BPEL, Spatial, OCS, etc.
maxuel

Hello,
I am a beginner and I can not install Oracle 9i in Windows Vista, some has already passed by.
ruevers

Do you give some mistake ??? what happens?? Please be more specific, dba's are almost gods, but there is no crystal ball.
rodfbar

Hello ...

Taking advantage of the topic ...

quando I installed Oracle 9i on my LAP with Win view at the end of the Intalations ... Moment the wizard starts configuring (Oracle Net Configuration Wizard) appears:

Jrew stopped working.
A problem caused the program to stop working properly. Windows closed the program ...........

after this it error in all other settings ... I can not even open the Net Configuration application (nor neither the other setup programs) to make the configuration manually ...

Someone already passed this situation ???

Thanks ....
marcello.travassos

Hello Friend!

It is not possible to install Oracle 9i in Vista.
Operating System and Service Pack requirements

Oracle9i Client Top-Level Component is supported on Windows 98, Windows NT, Windows 2000, and Windows XP Professional.

Oracle9i Database and Oracle9i Management and Integration Top-Level Components are supported on the following operating systems:

* Windows NT with Service Pack 5 or Higher.

Windows NT includes: Windows NT Workstation 4.0, Windows NT Server 4.0, Windows NT Server Enterprise Edition 4.0, and Windows NT 4.0 Server, Terminal Server Edition
* Windows 2000 with Service Pack 1 or Higher.

Windows 2000 Includes: Windows 2000 Professional, Windows 2000 Server, Windows 2000 Advanced Server, Windows 2000 Datacenter, and Terminal Services
Windows XP Professional

0]]
Marcello Travassos.
adrianoturbo
Moderador
Moderador
Adriano Alves
---Para cada problema dificil existe uma solução simples.----

Then they say that only Windows Milenium was a Microsoft monkey, plus one for the list.
  • Information