[OC4J] Internal Server Error

Este forum é destinado a perguntas relacionadas a Oracle, mas que não se enquadram nos forums acima. Aqui serão tratadas também sobre outras tecnologias da oracle, como o Workflow, BPEL, Spatial, OCS, etc.
bruno_cobra

Personnel,

I have an application for reporting of reports that is hosted on an OC4J server. Everything works perfectly, except for a report that takes around 15 minutes to generate (due to its complexity and the amount of data returned by the query).

The problem with this report is that after a certain requisition processing time (around 10 minutes), the page displays the "500 Internal Server Error" error. However, the process remains active and usually ends "under cloths". I can assert this because the report generation is done through a servlet that writes a PDF file on the server. That is, even if the error occurs on the page, the report ends up being saved on the server. Unfortunately, this is not enough for me because I can not have this error.

Any idea what to do? I have tried setting up the ping as it informs the following link of the official documentation (and also did not work): http://download.oracle.com/docs/cd/B145 ... m#BDCBEDDA
Any idea will already be very welcome. Thanks.
Note: In addition to the error, there is absolutely generated anything in any log file.
victorhugomuniz
Moderador
Moderador
:D

Speak more of your application .. Language ..

Have you ever looked at your OC4J log? What do you say?

The report is compiled .. Everything right?

for what you are talking about is rolling a timeout .. it may be that the inactive session time is bursting because of your heavy query
bruno_cobra

Good afternoon, Victor Hugo.

The application is made in Java and has servlets for reporting Jasper and Birt reports. It's a fairly simple application.

About logs, as I said in the first post, is not absolutely shown Nothing in any file. At least in all I know and I researched, I did not find any information that takes place at the time of "burst".

About the report, it is 100% certain. I know this because, according to certain parameters informed by the user at the time of generating the report, his generation occurs in less time and in these cases everything occurs normally. The problem is with any parameter that makes the report take more than 10 minutes.

About Query, it is also no problem because, as I said in the first post, the process ends normally and the report is generated correctly on the server. There really is some timeout by the OC4J and the page for, but not the process of creating the PDF.

Would you tell me how to set up the inactive session time that Citas? Thanks for the help. [/b]
victorhugomuniz
Moderador
Moderador
:D

good ..

a specific parameter that makes Query take soon the Java application no "awaits" the result of the query then the error 500 is presented
Log does not log anything .. (this is configurable .. maybe you can increase error detail and give it something) .. tell me what files and full directories you searched for the log files.

The configuration that I told you is on the web.xml or can be done via code too ..

Select all

<!-- (1) --> 
<session-config> 
<session-timeout>-1</session-timeout> 
</session-config> 

// (2) ou no código java:  
session.setMaxInactiveInterval(-1) 
Where -1 = Never expire
You already Did you debug your application? sure will help you muito .. I think it can even resolve you altering the life of the session but debug the application will be essential
bruno_cobra

About the session, I thought I was referring to something from the server, not the application.
The application session was already set to 30 minutes and, anyway, this does not interfere with my case because the application is a "general" reports and, so do not need to login. Just call the application, informing the report name and parameters, and the report is generated on the screen.

About logging, configuration is the default OC4J version 10.1.3.1. I have already checked all the generated log files within the OpMN / logs and instance folders_aplica / logs. There is nothing about the timeout ...

Thanks again for trying to help. Anything else you can help, please warn you.
  • Information