Oracle-Java doubt

Este forum é destinado a perguntas relacionadas a Oracle, mas que não se enquadram nos forums acima. Aqui serão tratadas também sobre outras tecnologias da oracle, como o Workflow, BPEL, Spatial, OCS, etc.
abarbosa

Good morning,
I did not work with Oracle for a long time, and I recently did some interviews in the city of São Paulo and even for junior developer positions has dropped some Java code execution issues in the Oracle database.
I believe it is not everywhere that will require this in a test for those who are starting.

The big question that is is: how relevant is to study Java to be applied in the Oracle database?
I know it has a good developers here in the forum with many years of experience and would like to know about what you could think about it.

I believe this is an interesting subject because there are a lot of people who are starting to work and could prevent leave many questions in PLSQL vacancies if we start studying already.

Thanks for attention 8)
dr_gori
Moderador
Moderador
Thomas F. G

Você já respondeu a dúvida de alguém hoje?
https://glufke.net/oracle/search.php?search_id=unanswered

As I work more with Oracle ERP (Oracle EBS), it is very rare the need for something in Java.
Despite that you can create Java screens in EBS, using OAF, it is rare to happen.
The cases we have here that use Java Stored Procedures, are some programs that need to receive envelopes sounds. In this case, it is a java routine that does the service.

Of course it is always helpful to know, but it is not a pre-requirement.
is more or less the same thing as Java programmers who know a little SQL. Their fort is Java, but they turned to make some queries. Even though it's not experts at it.
abarbosa

Good morning Dr_Gori,
Thanks for the clarification.

I believe that this kind of knowledge is needed to solve some problem in the day to day. Charging creation of some such routines in practical tests.

grateful. :-O
DanielNN
Moderador
Moderador
att,

Daniel N.N.

As a general rule it is more common to use Java Stored Procedures (a PLSQL procedure that calls a Java routine), as Dr_Gori pointed out.
Do not be able to use Blessed OAF to create web-based screens within the EBS itself following your safety rules and so on.
follows a more Java line, MVC standard. A point that I find sensational in the OOA (in the background the concepts of OO) beyond the creation of zero screens / small modules is to be able to customize a page core with a much larger degree than Forms offers. I can replace the entire Core classes by changing certain features, add components / fields (not only menu options), record information beyond limited flexfields (table attributes) and so on. Obviously, depending on the need, it will require a more advanced knowledge of EBS, OAF, PLSQL.
dr_gori
Moderador
Moderador
Thomas F. G

Você já respondeu a dúvida de alguém hoje?
https://glufke.net/oracle/search.php?search_id=unanswered

This has OAF. It should be noted that the OAF is only used within Oracle EBS.
then it is very rare even if you find this out there in the market.

: -O

PS: TO trying to learn OAF: Shock:
DanielNN
Moderador
Moderador
att,

Daniel N.N.

Any questions, I am available.
Work for a few years with him and I was already macaoquated with some problems of it. :FOR.
  • Information