Buffer exhausted

Dúvidas, dicas e truques de PL/SQL. Aqui também vão assuntos relacionados a pacotes, triggers, funções, Java-Stored Procedures, etc

Poston Tue, 07 Dec 2004 9:39 am

Hey guys, I'm having a problem to read large files. When it comes on line 4063 gives buffer overflow, limit of 1000000 bytes.And this is the maximum limit of the buffer. Does anyone know a way to close the file in 4 thousand lines and then open it and continue reading from where it left off? Open a file and type go straight on desired row.
Thanks guys ...
lamanita

Samuel, o lamanit@

Poston Tue, 07 Dec 2004 10:01 am

You are using the SQL * Plus?
The problem is read or is the Dbms_output.put_line?

Will a set serveroutput on size 1000000 wouldn't solve?

Give us more details ... something like: \"I'm creating a stored-procedure, use UTL_FILE to read ... etc ... My oracle is 9. x, etc. .. \"

Put your code snippets if possible ...
tfg

Poston Tue, 07 Dec 2004 12:44 pm

I'vê managed to solve, I think I'vê been very strong ... I mean, to the Forum, but thank you very much for your help ...
lamanita

Samuel, o lamanit@

Poston Tue, 07 Dec 2004 12:51 pm

What was it?
Let us know também! :-D
tfg

Poston Tue, 07 Dec 2004 2:58 pm

No big deal, I said something, but I was trying to do another ... I need to import records from a file and insert in a table.Just at the moment to test I'm using dbms_output.put_line. So the buffer overflows, for this is a lot, even putting the maximum limit. To test I read only 4 thousand lines and see the result in the buffer. But after I import and insert straight ... I don't think it's going to be trouble, even though many records.
I'm confused by mixing buffer, with the number of records that the utl_file could read from the file, but it has nothing to do one thing to another.

Thanks man ...
lamanita

Samuel, o lamanit@

Return to PL/SQL