Use the HOST command within a procedure PL-SQL

Dúvidas, dicas e truques de PL/SQL. Aqui também vão assuntos relacionados a pacotes, triggers, funções, Java-Stored Procedures, etc

Poston Tue, 23 Mar 2010 2:23 pm

Hello everybody, my first post here in the forum is about a doubt even banal. It is possible to use the host within a procedure pl-sql?

I need to execute a command (7z and c:dadosarquivo1.zic-oc: data) to decompress several files to perform the import in bd.

I ran some tests with the host and it worked great, but inside the procedure does not scroll.

Can someone help me?

Thank you!
vitorhp85

Desenvolvedor Delphi - PL-SQL

Poston Tue, 23 Mar 2010 2:42 pm

If you're talking about putting the HOST within a STORED PROCEDURE, then it won't work, because the procedure runs on Oracle server, not on your local machine.

To run commands locally, will depend on the application that you are running. (if forms 6i client server is easy ... If you have to use web Forms web-util, and so if it is something else, Java, .Net, or know what it is going to depend on it)
dr_gori

Thomas F. G

Você já respondeu a dúvida de alguém hoje?
http://glufke.net/oracle/search.php?search_id=unanswered

Poston Tue, 23 Mar 2010 2:45 pm

I'm running a procedure in the Bank for import files. I'm not using any other language (Java, ASP, etc).

This procedure is scheduled to be performed from time to time, seeking files on the server's local directory and importing to the Bank.

I hope I have given more details ...lol ...

Thank you
vitorhp85

Poston Tue, 23 Mar 2010 2:57 pm

As I couldn't find an easier way, follow the topic viewtopic.php?t=257&highlight=java:!: and it worked;): wink: vlw guys!
vitorhp85

• See also
    Replies
    Views
    Last Post

Return to PL/SQL