In addition to the UTL_FILE exists another way to display a file.txt?

Dúvidas, dicas e truques de PL/SQL. Aqui também vão assuntos relacionados a pacotes, triggers, funções, Java-Stored Procedures, etc

Poston Wed, 15 Mar 2006 3:38 pm

Hello guys.

I tried to use UTL_FILE to open the file in the report, but I have noticed that the files are on another served which is not the database.

Does anyone know of another package or another way to open a arquivo.txt and display in report?

I'm in desperate need.

I Await
Tsunami

Poston Wed, 15 Mar 2006 4:19 pm

Depends on the version.

If you are using Reports in client/server mode and your file is on the machine that is running the reports, you can use the TEXT_IO.

If the file is on another machine on the network, I think you will have to bring this file to the machine where the reports. (Or so machine is the server ORACLE, hence using UTL_FILE).

If you are using forms/reports with IAS, hence using the WEBUTIL for TEXT_IO.

What is your version and how is this file ...
It is worth sending to Oracle Server? This routine is executed many times. I think that each case is different ...: shock:
dr_gori

Thomas F. G

Você já respondeu a dúvida de alguém hoje?
http://glufke.net/oracle/search.php?search_id=unanswered

Poston Wed, 15 Mar 2006 4:39 pm

Hello dr_gori.

Well I'm using the version of Oracle 9i both that the files are .txt and all of them are stored on another server that is not the database. I think that's why it won't work the UTL_FILE.

Now I think to uar so the TEXT_IO won't work because the files as I spoke, are on another server.

And unfortunately there are many files that must be rotated, so it is not feasible to me, play all .txt files on the database server.

You know another way?

I thank you.

Rodrigo
Tsunami

Poston Wed, 15 Mar 2006 5:48 pm

Well, since the 9i, you have two options: * Put these files in the machine that's running and use the WEBUTIL to access the files from the machine itself. (Type in the c: drive of the machine itself). --> in version 9i, the textIO wheel on the IAS machine, and not on the client. Why use the WEBUTIL, you can access files from own c. * or you find a way to take pro server and ORACLE use UTL_FILE.

If you don't want to use any of these features, then you have to opt for the use of other technologies ... * can create a program in JAVA, for example which is running on this machine where are the files and gets the job done ... * Create a CRONTAB JOB, or something that copies those files to your machine or pro server ORACLE ... Etc ...

All forms work, I would opt for the server, because it is better to centralize things than having files scattered on the machines ... etc ...

It's up to you to decide how you will be ...

8)
dr_gori

Thomas F. G

Você já respondeu a dúvida de alguém hoje?
http://glufke.net/oracle/search.php?search_id=unanswered

Poston Wed, 03 May 2006 10:42 am

Friend, quickly reading your text recently learned a very useful functionality. The external tables, that are TXT files for example enxergados by the Bank as if they were tables.
Look for respect, perhaps it may be useful.

A basic link of how to use: http://www.adp-gmbh.ch/ora/misc/ext_table.html hugs!
bapocalypse

Bruno Apocalypse

• See also
    Replies
    Views
    Last Post