FREE LANCE-DBA questions

Vagas oferecidas. Também é destinado aos tópicos relacionados a Emprego, CLT, PJ, etc. (apenas para registrados)

Poston Thu, 15 Jan 2015 4:15 pm

Guys, this topic is more a query, but not technique.RS contacted Me this week to perform some services such as DBA however as free lance. I'vê always worked as CLT, so had no idea of how to proceed.

I'vê even ditched the idea and indicated a consulting firm specializing in one-off performances and performance.

However I wonder if here in the community has someone who works or has worked, and how should we proceed: it takes an initial access to estimate time and trouble?? or this time budget account? is charged per hour or closed value? quanto vocês usually charge?

Anyway any tip is welcome. So maybe next time I don't need to discard this opportunity.

Thank You, Vanessa
Van

Poston Thu, 15 Jan 2015 7:05 pm

I'm not a DBA, but with the same developers: Someone ask some work, etc.
Number of points: * the ideal is to have any indication someone reliable to find out, first of all if it's not a bust. I'vê heard cases from a guy from Portugal hiring several free-lance and until today the guys are waiting for him to pay. Disappeared from the map.
* On the budget, is another complicated issue. Difficult to give a correct budget without knowing a bit more of the environment, etc. If you can negotiate the hours of the budget, the better. (this is of course, to give an estimate) * whether it is closed or time value: it is almost certain that whoever is hiring want to pay a fixed amount. There that care must be taken, as it almost always is a bomb that no one else wants to do, or worse, nobody else can do. I think fairer if a value/time and try to stay within the time estimated.

I think the key is to have the least amount of confidence, either by knowing someone who works in the company or by indication.
dr_gori

Thomas F. G

Poston Fri, 16 Jan 2015 4:00 pm

Thanks for the tips dr_gori.
Van

Return to Employment / Jobs