Aprenda PL/SQL

Oracle expands revenue supported in cloud

Notícias relacionadas a Oracle, banco de dados, tecnologia, segurança, etc.

Poston Fri, 24 Jun 2016 10:56 am

Profit in the quarter above analysts ' estimates was driven by sales of software and cloud infrastructure.
There was a 49% growth in revenue, jumping from $ 576 million a year earlier to $ 859 million.
Oracle announced a higher quarterly revenue than expected. The total revenue of the company with cloud computing software and services platform expanded in 49%, jumping from $ 576 million in the previous year to $ 859 million. The latter business had 8% share in the company's total revenue in the quarter.
According to the company, the profit came driven by your business to cloud computing, which attracted more customers. As well as rivals such as SAP, IBM and Microsoft, Oracle has focused its business on the cloud-computing model, providing services remotely via data processing centers rather than selling software installed.
Oracle expects the business of cloud computing to grow more than 65% in fiscal year 2017, up 52% growth seen in 2016, according to the company's Executive Chairman, Safra Catz.
\"The company obtained more than 1,600 new customers of software as a service and more than 2000 new platform-as-a-service clients in the last quarter,\" said Oracle's Chief Executive, Mark Hurd, however, Oracle's total revenue fell 1 percent to $ 10.59 billion, but topped the average estimate of analysts of 10.47 billion, according to Thomson Reuters I/B/E/s.
Oracle ended the quarter with net profit of 2.81 billion dollars, or 0.66 dollar per share, up from 2.76 billion, or $ 1 paper 0.62, a year earlier.
Source: http://portalerp.com/noticias/2532-orac ... s-in-cloud
adrianoturbo

Adriano Alves
---Para cada problema dificil existe uma solução simples.----

Poston Fri, 24 Jun 2016 11:00 am

With this aggressive policy to conquer or migrate customers to Cloud, really is a great result.
adrianoturbo

Adriano Alves

Poston Wed, 29 Jun 2016 10:43 am

Sometimes I get in doubt: will large enterprises would migrate to the cloud?
Or are just small?

I ask this because of the safety issue.
dr_gori

Thomas F. G
https://www.patreon.com/glufke

Poston Wed, 29 Jun 2016 3:49 pm

Worse than Oracle is betting all his chips to paraphrase Paul survival in 3 things: Cloud, Cloud and Cloud.
adrianoturbo

Adriano Alves

Poston Tue, 12 Jul 2016 11:15 am

If this Cloud is taken as a silver bullet and the foot of the letter that will be hardware companies like DELL among others.
Only time will answer, crazy ...
adrianoturbo

Adriano Alves

Poston Fri, 29 Jul 2016 10:29 am

Dell ta betting on Storage and servers. (Bought EMC)
Type: who's still buying PC companies.
Home user PC with almost no longer exists. Everyone does everything on your phone or tablet.

I wonder how long will still have PC in the companies. For me, pretty soon there's going to be just a bunch of TV with HDMI on the tables and some keyboards, wireless mice. There each have some kind of ChromeCast where plugará on TV and do all your work there.
dr_gori

Thomas F. G
https://www.patreon.com/glufke

Return to News