Starting in Oracle World

Informações sobre as certificações oracle, dúvidas, exemplos, OCP, OCA, OCM, etc.
lima85

Hey guys. I'm new to the forum and this is my first post. I'm finishing a graduation course in computer science and I'm interested in learning Oracle. I'vê researched I saw that there is a lot of demand for Oracle professionals in the market. I know SQL, I'vê worked with MySQL on web systems with PHP, and I have a good base in Java and Linux. I would like tips from veterans on how to start a career in the area. What positions are easier to achieve without practical experience, in which investing my study time and if it is worth drawing certification being inexperienced. I am coiting the possibility of taking a preparatory course and taking the hollow certification when finishing my course.
If I posted in the wrong area or this is a repeated topic, I apologize. I researched before posting and I did not find a similar topic.
Trevisolli
Moderador
Moderador
Abraço,

Trevisolli
OCA Oracle PL/SQL Developer Certified Associate
OCP Oracle Forms Developer Certified Professional
Araraquara-SP

Good brother,

Really the branch of Oracle technology is very vast and, there is a very large demand (from what I see) by professionals in that area.
I, in particular, work with Oracle because I like and, the consequence of this ($$$) comes with time ...

As for certification, I am currently studying for Take the OCP - Developer.

Here in the certification group, there are some step-by-step posts for the user to make sure, like those below:

1) http://en.glufke.net/oracle/viewtopic.php?t=1898 2) http://en.glufke.net/oracle/viewtopic.php?t=2335
Any doubt, count on us.
lima85

And then Trevisolli. Thanks for the answer and force. I took a look at the topic that you indicated me and in one of them you tell you took the hollow certification. In another he says he is studying to take the OCP. If you do not abuse too much, I would like to ask you a few questions:
How did you start studying Oracle?
When you took the certifications, have you ever had how much time of experience in the market?
Do you work as a DBA or as a developer?
Would you advise a beginner to take a certification before looking for a job in the area or cleaning a job, have experience and then take out the certification?
Do you have some books to indicate?
Trevisolli
Moderador
Moderador
Abraço,

Trevisolli
Araraquara-SP

and then Trevisolli. Thanks for the answer and force. I took a look at the topic that you indicated me and in one of them you tell you took the hollow certification. In another he says he is studying to take the OCP. If you do not abuse too much, I would like to ask you a few questions:
How did you start studying Oracle?
then brother, by indication of some friends and such ... this I think in 2001 ...
When you took the certifications, you already had how long Experience in the market?
about 3 years brother ....
Do you work as a DBA or as a developer?
Developer, currently with PL / SQL, Forms, Reports, Designer and Graphics.
Would you advise a beginner to take a certification before looking for a job in the area or get a job, have experience and then take out the certification?
Dude, honestly? I think you get experience before starting studies for certification, it would be better.
You can "digest" better information and, especially, to understand certain situations more clearly.
If it can be this way I advise, now if you do not have another way, you can take the certification before.
is that some companies, by being certified, will charge you a little more (also pay a little more, but, the charge is greater) ...
hence the experience counts a lot. .. There is the tip ...
Do you have some books to indicate?
Brother, I know it has some, from Oracle Press Even, specific for certification.
I'll see if I can get the names and put it here for you.
Porva
Rafael S. Nunes
São Paulo/SP

Face, an excellent book that has here at work, and that I am recommended, it is Oracle 8i SQL * Plus and PL / SQL (Author Damaris Fanderuff, Makron Books)

is likely to have For newer versions, however it encompasses what you most will use, certainly, the things you have in this book also has in the most recent versions of the bank

he is ball show for beginners , super practical, lean and with very simple examples and objectives

I started with forms and reports, and I'm still working with these tools, next month will make 1 year that I'm in this and I'm enjoying it, I need to take shame in the face and run after a certification, I'll soon start to do the "rush"
hug
lucassouza

In my case, I want to be DBA in Oracle, where should I start? :( I wanted SQL, but I saw that Oracle has more future, do you think I should study a certification book soon? or see database concepts before?
Trevisolli
Moderador
Moderador
Abraço,

Trevisolli
Araraquara-SP

Brother, beleza?

Addressing: Oracle also uses SQL. As for having more future, as in the other choices we do, you must (in my opinion) like what you do, the rest ($$$$) and, no less important, comes with your value, over time.

I will leave the topic here so that the DBAs can indicate the books and materials that can be useful to you.

Anything, send us.
lucassouza

And about certification, do you have any material for the first one that is hollow? Or just study for the tests that you passed? I even found it strange ..
Trevisolli
Moderador
Moderador
Abraço,

Trevisolli
Araraquara-SP

Brother, good morning.

For Oca Developer, I studied only for the materials I posted here on the site, beleza?
caiton

Good morning Trevisolli.

I need a guidance and no one better than consulting the veterans, is the following, I am working a year with Oracle but (it will be difficult to explain) I do not get to be an Oracle JR functional analyst . More I have more knowledge than a technically "Key user" because it has already performed the commands in the PL / SQL. I work with the supplies modules (RI, PO and INV) but the time has come to grow, new challenges and here in my company they do not hire Jr, because when we can not resolve we pass directly to the functional sir. And they treat the problem, Check and resolve, requesting a Change Request or checking the problem for tables or something. I hope that they have understood ...

in September I start the course of Oracle Development Training course where I will learn SQL and PL / SQL (again), Data modeling and Forms and Reports with this experience That is not developing only the course with you something better? or would you have to follow in the same functional area? What area could you follow in?

Work a year with Oracle but I have 6 years of experience in Informatica, before switching to Oracle worked as support (hardware, software, Active Directory, SharePoint) changed from area totally and I liked it This I want to follow in this area but where to grow.
Trevisolli
Moderador
Moderador
Abraço,

Trevisolli
Araraquara-SP

Brother, beleza?

Face, in the Applications area I sincerely know nothing.
I have a friend who works as a functional consultant, if applicable, about growing in the Applications area, he could take some doubts or, someone here from the same forum.

As for Forms and Reports, although "N" controversies, I believe it is a tool that will last for a long time.
Large companies still use Forms and Reports, so the area is still pretty cool to work, especially when you like.

After the end of your course (or even during the period), the interesting thing is to get a stage, for nothing better than real problems to learn. Depending on the area, you will have difficulty or ease in getting ready for this stage.

Anything, will you send us beleza?
  • Information