Doubt about namespaces

Informações sobre as certificações oracle, dúvidas, exemplos, OCP, OCA, OCM, etc.
ademilton

Hello.

This is a very conceptual doubt. Studying for proof 1Z0-047 I see by the explanation of namespaces that Roles, Users and Public Synonyms objects occupy a namespace in database.

So I can not create a role with the same name as a user. But I can create a public synonym with the same name as a user. I can also create a Public Synonym with the same name as a role.

So is no longer correct to say that Public Synonym occupies a different namespace of Roles and Users, which in turn occupy another common namespace?
stcoutinho
Moderador
Moderador

Hi Ademilton,
Funny, I tried to reproduce your statements in my 11G base with the same results.

Select all

SQL> CREATE USER LIXO IDENTIFIED BY LIXO; 
User created. 

SQL> CREATE ROLE LIXO; 
CREATE ROLE LIXO 
ERROR at line 1: 
ORA-01921: role name 'LIXO' conflicts with another user or role name 

SQL> CREATE PUBLIC SYNONYM LIXO FOR DUAL; 
Synonym created. 

I think - based on his experience - we can consider Public Synonym as a namespace "apart", and roles and User share the same namespace.

But for the effect of examination 1Z0-047, you should always consider that User, Role and Public Synonym share the same namespace.

I looked on the theme in Oracle's manuals, but I did not find any observation on this topic. It may be that a forist may indicate some passage in the documentation on namespaces.

Hugs,

Sergio
ademilton

Hello.

grateful for return.

This excerpt from the documentation seems to confirm the reasoning that public objects occupy a namespace aside:

(extracted from http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E21901_01/doc ... m#TTSQL445 )

I wonder the following ... If you set the idea that the same namespace houses User, Role and Public Synonym, and fall an issue simply demonstrating a Sequence of commands like this you tested and asking to answer which they would successfully execute and what would fail ... would not I be prone to err?
stcoutinho
Moderador
Moderador

Ademilton,

I have already read several documentations and preparation materials for this exam, and everything they taught me was that User / Roles / Public Synonym stand on the same tablespace, which would not be 100 % true, as you can prove yourself.

I think a question of namespace falls on the test, it is not likely to appear an issue by placing these alternatives:
a) the samer nameplace for user, roles and public synonyms
(b) the same namespet for user and roles
c) other ...
if by chance There is a situation like this ("a", "B") would say to respond "B".
In the absence of the "B" alternative, then answer "A", even though it is not 100% true.

is another suggestion, okay?

Hugs,

Sergio
ademilton

Thanks again !!
  • Information