Password encryption function from Oracle

Dúvidas, dicas e truques de SQL, Select, Update, Delete, cláusulas, operações com joins, Funções em SQLs, etc

Poston Mon, 03 Sep 2007 6:04 pm

Guys, when you create a user: CREATE USER TEST IDENTIFIED BY \"aaa123\"; it writes in the encrypted password DBA_USERS with 16 characters: B531D90349A117C4 is there any function that returns me exactly this String B531D90349A117C4 if I pass as parameter \"aaa123\"??? It is possible to use the same function of Oracle??

Thank you.
marceloplis

Marcelo César

Poston Mon, 03 Sep 2007 6:45 pm

Brother, exactly which he uses I am unaware of.
But, if you want to do something, take a look at this topic: post-433.html.
Trevisolli

Abraço,

Trevisolli
OCA Oracle PL/SQL Developer Certified Associate
OCP Oracle Forms Developer Certified Professional
Araraquara-SP

Poston Tue, 04 Sep 2007 8:10 am

Trevisolli, thanks for the tip, but what I need is exactly the function used by the Oracle, because after doing what I have to do I will use the following command CREATE USER TEST VALUES IDENTIFIED BY \"B531D90349A117C4\"; in a trigger for a table user who created, which in addition to username and password, has several other fields! The intention is to replicate data from the User table and create the user (CREATE USER ...) with the same password in all banks.

valeu.
marceloplis

Marcelo César

Poston Tue, 04 Sep 2007 8:36 am

Well, I got another hint, that might fly: 1) Create the user on the base and \"wait\" Oracle populate the DBA_USERS;
2) do a search in this field encrypted by Oracle, for this user created;
3) Replicate the information in your table created;

I get what you want in this way.
qualquer thing sends ai.
Trevisolli

Abraço,

Trevisolli
Araraquara-SP

Poston Wed, 12 Sep 2007 8:58 am

Trevisolli, if I just signs up the user your tips even work, but the problem is that how can I change the user register também, what to do when changing the password??

Come on, there, suponto the time of user registration: 1-Enter the information in the user record in the front-end system with password = \"123456\";
2-in After Insert, populo the DBA_USERS, retrieve the encrypted password and do an update of the password field in the table;
3-replication: a) Will the Insert with the user password = \"123456\";
b) will Update the password criptografad;

Now see, if I have an Update trigger to run when changing the password, will occur at the time that I do the Insert and is doing the update password field, will fire the Trigger for Update, which will generate a different password!

What to do??
marceloplis

Marcelo César

Poston Wed, 12 Sep 2007 10:11 am

A brother Tip: when changing the password, do as follows: 1) Change your user table for 654321;
2) Send an ALTER in DBA_USERS change syntax (X ALTER USER IDENTIFIED BY 654321; 3) Retrieves again this encrypted password;
4) Gives an UPDATE on your table again;

A tip would be, whenever a UPDATE in this field, go on get DBA_USERS encrypted password.

Code: Select all

CREATE USER teste_1 IDENTIFIED BY trevisolli -- Senha Gerada: 8596D8B862E76899;
ALTER USER teste_1 IDENTIFIED BY illosivert; -- Senha Gerada: 210432169BE2CD63;

I think it works out.
qualquer thing, says ai.
Trevisolli

Abraço,

Trevisolli
Araraquara-SP

Return to SQL