OWB

Oracle Business Intelligence, Oracle Warehouse Builder OWB, Oracle Discoverer, BI Publisher, XML Publisher, OLAP, Data Mining, ODI Oracle Data Integrator, etc
altrão

Speak galera beleza?

My name is Mauricio and I work a long time with Oracle and would like to participate in this group that I realized is excellent. I was very happy with the quality of the information I found here.
I am available to contribute what you can and will surely learn a lot here with everyone.

I am currently working on a BI project and we decided to use OWB (Oracle Warehouse Builder) as ETL tool.
I did a training of this tool in Ensof, but I still do not know her well in everyday life. I would like to know if they have someone here who had some experience in using this tool, which are their greatest difficulties and compensate for the use of it.

Thanks from now on friends' comments.

Ps.: Altrão is my last name

Embrace,
Altrão
dr_gori
Moderador
Moderador
Thomas F. G

Você já respondeu a dúvida de alguém hoje?
https://glufke.net/oracle/search.php?search_id=unanswered

Speak Altrão

Dude ... I never worked with BI but I know people who use where I work. From what I know, it's a great Oracle tool and it's worth it!
Unfortunately, I can not help you about problems or herself !!!

Welcome !!!
altrão

OK DR_GORI,

Thank you for answering.

Embrace,
Altrão
romulozaf
Rômulo Fernandes

Srs.

I am "trying to" work with OWB for a BI solution. And it really is complicated. Could someone exchange ideas so that we can get together to learn to use Obw and Biee?

Big []
Leao_Marinho
André L S Santos

Srs,

I have worked with OWB and found a good tool.
is a bit annoying to install the OWB and create / configure the repositories and deploy environments, but after you have created, the use is very simple.

follows a link that can help:
http://www.oracle.com/technology/obe/ad ... _main.html
ABS,
bapocalypse
Bruno Apocalypse

Girl, good afternoon.

Someone there has any documentation and / or handouts on OWB 10.2 ??? I'm picking up from him here.

mainly because I do not master the English language. But what I have found shows to serve objects, components, etc.

and not how to use. That's it.

Obrace.

Falows !!!

: -O
erthal
Gustavo Erthal Jr. | TRISCAL
Rio de Janeiro | (21) 2507-2010
São Paulo | (11) 3167-0526
www.triscal.com.br

Gentlemen,

The tool can be used in the Portuguese language, which I do not recommend, and the product documentation provides details about the objects.

In fact the OWB is a tool that generates Scripts in PL / SQL in a more intuitive way of Drag and Drop type, in addition to allowing a better understanding of the deployed solution by looking at the map .

We abstract pseudo-difficulties, we can record graphically what will appear in a Package in PL / SQL.

It is very common to use the MERGE resource (INSERT / UPDATE or UPDATE / INSERT), but we can also use loads in the Truncate / Insert form.

In addition, the OWB can function as a case tool, since of your repository we can create objects in the bank, such as tables, procedures, functions, views, materialized views, external tables, dimensions, cubes , and etc.

Your repository allows full control over load processes, with logs that store the times elapsed, the quantities of records inserted or changed or deleted. If there is any errors during the load process, the same will be recorded in the OWB logs.

But to know almost all of its features it is necessary to install it and use it.

Forums such as Oracle's, NTN provide trouble tips and resolutions.

Hugs,
ricardo.camilos
Business Intelligence Consultant

Hello everyone,

work with BI 3 years ago and now I am in a project to implement Oracle Warehouse Builder as an ETL tool, but I never worked with it. I have some doubts and if someone can help me, I will be very grateful!

- I installed version 10.2.0.1 and I have already seen a patch for version 10.4, in addition to already being available to version 11. Which of them is more stable for use (11 or 10)?

- I installed the OWB on my machine and created the repository on a test server, but when I try to start the Control Center Service it asks me for the data for a connection (which I imagine to be the Repository) and to fill and confirm it closes the window but does not start the service (at least I can not access the Design Center). Do I have to install OWB also on the server? Being that this test server is BD and I could have an OWB implementation in 3 layers (BD-OWB-client) ...

- Without the optional module Data Quality I can not Do not even generate the Date Profile? I'm trying and is giving error (it tries to insert data into repository tables that do not exist or are without any column)

- What is the biggest advantage of getting the Enterprise ETL package?

For those who are interested I got the OWB 10 material on the site http://www.technologylib.com/ just get it by "Oracle Warehouse Builder."

Thanks! [/url]
erthal
www.triscal.com.br

To study you can download OWB from Oracle's own site, http://otn.oracle.com
Yes, you need to install binaries on the same machine in which the Bank. This installation should be in a new Oracle_Home.

After the binaries are installed, the Control Center Service will work.

While using the 10G or 11G version. In the case of 11g, install a bank version also 11g.

Hugs,
LAILAH

Hello
I have installed Oracle 8i and Discoverer 3.1, I would like to know which version of the OWB can install.

Thanks
erthal
www.triscal.com.br

Some version that is supported in Bank version 8.1

A Google search can help you find some document on this compatibility.

Hugs,
LAILAH

In reality you already have a few days that I am researching and I can not find anything. I need my monograph of an ETL tool (can be OWB or another) that extract the operational base data and throw the data to the Oracle Discoverer so that it is possible to make the queries. I have on my pc Oracle 8i installed along with Oracle Discoverer then I need to install an ETL tool that is compatible.
Thanks for the help
erthal
www.triscal.com.br

For you do not waste time, so I suggest you upgrade the bank to version 10G or 11g, and Discoverer TB, installing an Application Server for one of these versions.

You will not find more to download, on the Oracle website, no version of OWB that is compatible with Bank 8i.

Hugs,
LAILAH

Thanks for letting me know.
I read materials that says Oracle Intelligence 10g, already owns the integrated Discoverer and OWB, is that right?

Thanks again Gustavo
erthal
www.triscal.com.br

Very calm at this time!

In the ORA10G installation files already come the OWB binaries.

Discoverer is a product apart, and as such must also be downloaded and installed.

Discorver has two versions, Desktop and Plus (Web). Plus needs you to install Application Server. The desktop is client-server.

For your final work, I think the desktop is enough, but it's a version that will be discontinued.

is at your discretion.

Hugs,
DiegoPrattes

I have the same problem as our colleague Lailah.
In summarizing, what you indicate:
I install the Oracle Business Intelligence package, since it has:
Oracle Discoverer - Consultation, reporting and analysis with formatting resources Dice;
Oracle Spreadsheet Add-in - functionality To access DW data through Microsoft Excel planils;
Oracle Bi Beans - Customized Development of BI Applications;
Oracle Warehouse Builder - ETL tool;
These 4 products are included separately?

in awaiting
Thanks in advance
erthal
www.triscal.com.br

My suggestion is as follows:

1. Download the version of Bank 10g;
2. Download the OWB10G installer;
3. Bow the OAS that owns Discoverer Plus.

At the address http://www.oracle.com/technology/software/index.html Heats will find the list of products available for download.

The work of research is all of you. I'vê done my part.

Just a reminder. Do not lower Oracle XE.

Hugs,
LAILAH

Gustavo, you had spoken to upgrade (since I have Oracle 8i Intalado) for 10G or 11 g versions through Application Server

could explain better, kindly!
Sorry to bother you, but it's very important to me.
Thank you again
Your forum is 10!
erthal
www.triscal.com.br

Lailah,

The upgrade was a force of expression.

In fact you need to download and install everything from scratch.

I usually install OAS in a VM. You can install the bank and the owb in that vm.

In the main machine, the "from the outside", you install the OWB binaries, so you can use the Design Center.

Within VM, use the OWB binaries and create the repository of it. The repository has this name, but it is a set of objects that it uses to work.

But reading the documentation you will know how to do everything.

Good luck.
ThiagoJLima
Thiago Lima
Analista T.I. - Integração

Hello,
I'm working on a project that involves high and low platform. To complicate a little more, on the high platform we have to integrate IMS (DB) databases, DB2 and text file. The intention is to make a gradual downsizing of these bases for Oracle, working in parallel initially and, by the foot that the applications are being rebuilt in the low platform, will disabling the old bases.

We have an Enterprise Oracle package here in the company that contains the Warehouse Builder Enterprise ETL (OWB). Would you like to know if the OWB has any components, and can be used for the end of data replication control between different platforms?

Att,
  • Information