OWB - Table DBG $ ID

Oracle Business Intelligence, Oracle Warehouse Builder OWB, Oracle Discoverer, BI Publisher, XML Publisher, OLAP, Data Mining, ODI Oracle Data Integrator, etc
lsantos
Lucas Santos

Analista de Sistemas

Person beleza?
I have a question with relation the OWB tool.
I'vê been noticing that when we create a process in the map the OWB creates in the Bank Tables with the Owner DBG $ ID.
Someone can give me more information about these tables?
Is it possible to disable in OWB to avoid the generation of these tables?
Can I erase them and what is the impact of this ??

Thanks to all
erthal
Gustavo Erthal Jr. | TRISCAL
Rio de Janeiro | (21) 2507-2010
São Paulo | (11) 3167-0526
www.triscal.com.br

Lucas,

Is this table any impact on the execution of their mappings?

If not, leave the table in peace and take a look at the product documentation or Metalink.

Hugs,
erthal
Gustavo Erthal Jr. | TRISCAL
Rio de Janeiro | (21) 2507-2010
São Paulo | (11) 3167-0526
www.triscal.com.br

Lucas,

I think this table is created when you run the debug process inside the mapping.

Do not erase OWB objects without Oracle guidance. It is not recommended to delete objects. If you prefer, back up your projects, inside the Design Center, by the Export Metadata Definitions option.

Then uninstall the repository, drop the views that were created in the previous installation, and then reinstall the repository. After reinstalled, import the suggested backup in the previous paragraph.

DBG tables will not exist until you run the debug process again.

Hugs,
ricardo.camilos
Business Intelligence Consultant

Dear,

It seems that in version 11gr2 there is a script to clear these tables. I work with version 10gr2 and I did not find it if someone finds something ...
Cleaning Up Debug Objects in The Runtime Schema
Debug tables, with names prefixed with dbg $, are created in the runtime schema when you debug mappings. Because Multiple Users, Using Multiple Instances, Can Debug The Same Mapping, Debug Objects Are Created Separately for Each Debug Session. The Debug Objects for the Session Are Automatically Dropped at The End Of The Session. However, IF The User Abruptly EXITS The Design Center Without Exiting The Mapping Debugger, The Debug Objects For The Debug Session in Progress Are Not Dropped, And Become Stale Objects.

However, You Can Clean Up All Debug Objects In The Runtime Schema By Using The Owb_oracle_Home / Bin / Admin / CLEANUPALLDEBUGOBJECTS.SQL Script. This script drops all the stale objects prefixed by dbg $ in the runtime repository user schema.

This script Should Be Run by Warehouse Builder User With Administrator privileges. Before You Run This Script, Determine IF All The Objects That Are Prefixed by DBG $ In The Runtime User Schema Are Stale. Because The Same Mapping Can Be Debugged Using Multiple Instances, Running This Script Will Cause Disruptions For Other Users Debugging The Same Mapping.
Link of the text above: http://download.oracle.com/docs/cd/E118 ... ppings.htm
  • Information