Oracle Warehouse Builder 10g?

Oracle Business Intelligence, Oracle Warehouse Builder OWB, Oracle Discoverer, BI Publisher, XML Publisher, OLAP, Data Mining, ODI Oracle Data Integrator, etc
numerus

Someone could explain to the function of Oracle Warehouse Builder 10g.
I need to adapt to him but I have no idea what he does ...
Is it some kind of conversion of bases? Generates PL / SQL Scripts? I have no idea ...

Hugs,
stcoutinho
Moderador
Moderador

Numerus,

Wholesale mode, Oracle Warehouse Builder (or OWB ) would be a tool etl Extraction, transformation and data loading into a DataWareHouse .

In the link below you can obtain an overview on OWB :
http://www.devmedia.com.br/post-5855-Ar ... r-10g.html http://www.devmedia.com.br/articles/vie ... ?comp=6107 -> Only for subscribers SQL Magazine

I believe other forists may present a more complete description of this product.

Hugs,

Sergio Coutinho
stcoutinho
Moderador
Moderador

Numerus,

This link from Porto University looks very interesting, presenting some concepts and information about ETL, OWB and Datawarehouse.
http://www.fe.up.pt/si/conteudos_geral. ... rupo=11198

Hugs,

Sergio Coutinho
numerus

Thank you Sergio, now you could get an idea. Thanks, hugs
ishii

Hello,

Remembering that from version 11g the OWB comes for free. The great advantage is that the ETL process is more visual programming and its maintenance is less technical, but what it does is to create data and inserts treatiative packages. The only restriction (which I think at least) is that the destination DB has to be in the same instance of the OWB repository. That is if you want to have an instance for a DW and another for OWB, so that OWB controls the loads, it is not yet possible, but the OWB can be connected via DBLink with any instance and also with any database.

[] S ISHII
Aldo Rovani

Good morning, class.

I have enough experience with OWB. If you want, I can also pass installation material, configuration and use.

Embrace.

Aldo Rovani
marcos soares

Good afternoon Aldo Rovani, please, how could you send the OWB materials.

Soares_Marcos2 @ hotmail.

I am waiting

Marcos
marcos soares

Aldo Rovani wrote: Good morning, class.

I have enough experience with OWB. If you want, I can also pass installation material, configuration and use.

Embrace.

Aldo Rovani

Good morning Aldo, you could provide OWB Mateuerial.

Thanks,

Mark
rbarcelos

Goodnight.
I'm doing my TCC and I'm going to use Oracle Warehouse Builder.
I need some material that shows the steps since the construction of a new project, to the other necessary steps.
Can anyone help me?
Thank you very much
Aldo Rovani

Good afternoon Barcelos,

Only to know, have you already installed OWB? Which version? What version of the Oracle database is using?

Do you know the OWB, had any experience with him or another ETL tool?

OWB is an ETL tool (extraction, transformation and load), which is currently not sold by Oracle. When installing the database it can also be automatically installed. If you already have the database installed, simply download the tool on the http://edelivey.oracle.com, website of the already uncompacted files, proceed to install it. In version 11g, in some installations the OWB is displaying error at the time of creating the repository, however I also obtained a procedure for creating via the command line.

Pass this information so I can send you the materials (installation / configuration) that produced to make your work a little easier.

Embrace,

Aldo Rovani
rbarcelos

Good afternoon Aldo,

Yes Yes. I'vê already installed OWB and all. I downloaded the 11G version of the database and together came the application of the OWB.

I have already created a repository and user in OWB. (I'm opened already)
I have doubts to do the ETL of a source table for the destination.
I even managed to do it, but now I came across a case I have "two source tables" and I want to make the union with a table dimension (the destination). He's asking me to make a "set" or "Joiner", but I have no idea how I do this.
Do you have any orientation of how do I do this?
The steps I need to create are as follows: (See if I am right)
- To have my DW mounted, I need:
1 - Have a template for the source and A module for the target tables
2 - Have the tables and dimension created to make the information loading (doubt, how do I create my table fact? As I only have two source tables in one dimension)
3 - Mount the cube through the dimension.
4 - The cube created I will play BI Publisher and I can create my reports.

Doubt: Where do I define when and how do I make loads in automatic process? Do the automatic ETL. Is there this? Is inside the mapping that I create the loads and do this definition?

Correct the steps?

I need materials to be able to set up all these steps on my OWB. I'm doing my TCC2 and I need to deliver in November and with that, I'm grating a bit to set up these steps.

I await your return.

If you can help me, thank you very much.

Hugs
rbarcelos

Good evening Aldo,

Sorry for the uncomfortable, but can you pass me the material at the beginning of this week?

Do you have Skype so I can take some questions?

Hugs Rafael Barcelos
  • Information