Static Layout - Publisher Desktop

Oracle Business Intelligence, Oracle Warehouse Builder OWB, Oracle Discoverer, BI Publisher, XML Publisher, OLAP, Data Mining, ODI Oracle Data Integrator, etc
Trevisolli
Moderador
Moderador
Abraço,

Trevisolli
OCA Oracle PL/SQL Developer Certified Associate
OCP Oracle Forms Developer Certified Professional
Araraquara-SP

Personal, good morning.

Just to see if I'm following the right line of development.

Next, I need to ride the reporting standards here in the company, because we will migrate some of them to Bi Publisher 11 and, I would like to know, with the most experienced, If I'm on the right way:
  • 1) I think in, for static reports, that will not work dynamically (with user-iteration), create these default models in Word RTF , using Publisher Desktop; [/ list]
    • 2) for the others, those more management, where you can put filters, charts, which will be used with user iteration, make These layouts directly at BI Publisher in your web layout tool, present at 11. [/ list]

Therefore, would have two standards to implement reports in the company and, the other developers would use such layouts.

What do you think?

Thank you very much.

Great embrace,

Trevis
dr_gori
Moderador
Moderador
Thomas F. G

Você já respondeu a dúvida de alguém hoje?
https://glufke.net/oracle/search.php?search_id=unanswered

I have already seen using sub-templates for reporting patterns .. (Example: Header, footer, etc.).
How it works:
* You create a report that is the sub-template -> that is is an RTF that you create several "pieces" of reports in, all separated by special tags.

Then, in other reports, you indicate that you will use the sub-template "X", and then calls these tags you set there. In the header, you call the header tag. Then he uses what you set in the sub-template x. That way, it is very easy to change the logo, or put more information, etc.

Ai has to evaluate if this way will answer your problem.
Trevisolli
Moderador
Moderador
Abraço,

Trevisolli
Araraquara-SP

Dr Gori,

Just to see if I understand correctly, so I can have a subtemplate Header and another footer.

Hence a Header and Footer template and, in these specific locations, I call these sub-templates, with the following structure:
Portrait (which uses subtemplates for header and Footer)
- Pattern Landscape (which uses subtemplates for header and footer)

Hence, if for some reason, I have to change some place information, this information is changed, automatically, in all my reports, correct?

In fact, my large problem is as follows:
We need to have a template in the company, where, when I need to change something in the Header or footer, for example, all publisher reports developed on top of this template, have your automatic alteration.
Is it possible to brow ??? Positive case, this template, can only be changed Body? And only one specific person changing the contents of the header and footer ???
How do you usually work in this sense? Can you give an explanation of how there is in the company?

Thanks again.

Great embrace,

Trevis
Trevisolli
Moderador
Moderador
Abraço,

Trevisolli
Araraquara-SP

Brother, good morning.

I ended up giving a read and, developing the following structure here and, I would like an endorsement, if possible:

99]] 1) I created a subtemplate (Word RTF) and, in the body of this RTF, I put in the templates, being:
  • <? Template: Header_portrait?> And < ? Template: Footer_Portrait?> [/ list]

Note: These two "markings" in the body of the document have dynamic "fields" fields.

2) I created a template (Word RTF) and, performed the following steps:
    • 2.1 I imported the SUBTEMPLATE Created in Step 1 (<? ??Import: xdoxsl: ///pasta/meutemplate.xsb?>) [/ List]
      • 2.2 I made the call in the Word header of the subtemplate header ( <? Call-Template: Header_portrait?>) And, in the footer too (<? Call-template: Footer_Portrait?>) [/ list]

From there, I will make available to the developers, My template (the subtemplate does not), so that they produce all reports in Publisher.

In this way, any change that is required in the header The footer (the addition of the user, for example), will automatically reflect on all company reports, which use that template.

Is that the way? If a positive case, thank you and, the tip is for others.

large embrace,

Trevisolli
dr_gori
Moderador
Moderador
Thomas F. G

That's right!

Posted via Tapatalk / Motorola Razr I
Porva
Rafael S. Nunes
São Paulo/SP

I found this topic and I'm similar, I need to fix the header and footer in a Bi / XML publisher report when the lines advance to more than one page, but keeping the header and The footer.

In this header and footer I have fields with bank data and Word unfortunately does not let you include them in these areas!:?

I saw you commenting on the possibility of using sub-templates, how does this work, would you have any more didactic material / example?

Remembering that I am using the report in the EBS and therefore I need to register the and the data model [/b] by liability XML Publisher. , using a sub-template I would have two separate .rtf files?
Porva
Rafael S. Nunes
São Paulo/SP

Porva wrote: Galera,

I found this topic and I have similar need, I need to fix the header and footer in a Bi / XML publisher report when the lines advance to more than one page, but keeping the header and the footer.

In this header and footer I have fields with bank data and Word unfortunately does not let you include them in these areas!:?

I saw you commenting on the possibility of using sub-templates, how does this work, would you have any more didactic material / example?

Remembering that I am using the report in the EBS and therefore I need to register the and the data model [/b] by liability XML Publisher. , using a sub-template I would have two separate .rtf files?
Ah, remembering that I am using a Reports to make data extraction and not an XML assivable with selects.

The XML Publisher I am using only to make the layout.
dr_gori
Moderador
Moderador
Thomas F. G

This has 2 separate files.
See that when you upload a template, there is a field called "Subtemplate".

To give more details, I need to see if I find some example I did in the past.
(to without them here).

But that's what Trevis explained in step by step.
Porva
Rafael S. Nunes
São Paulo/SP

Hmm, it's really!

I had already seen this option but did not know what to serve!

I will give a researched and see if I find an example, thank you.
Porva
Rafael S. Nunes
São Paulo/SP

Hello Thomas,

I returned to this work, did you find your examples?

I stopped at the following point:

- I created a subtemplate .rtf
- It successfully displays the data loaded from the XML file with only with The for-each tags ... End
- But if I add the tags to set that it will be a template, it does not display anything else, it's all blank in the view! :(

How I'm trying to do and there it does not display anything else:

Select all

<?template:Header?> 
for-each 
   <conteúdo do meu header baseado num arquivo XML com os dados> 
end 
<?end template?>

I'm using As a reference this content:
https://docs.oracle.com/cd/E23943_01/bi ... #BIPRD3062
https://docs.oracle.com/middleware/1221 ... #BIPRD3068
Porva
Rafael S. Nunes
São Paulo/SP

It seems that I finally managed to do inside Oracle EBS by the XML Publisher administrator, but I can not see this in Word as a preview, anyway the main I got.

I created two RTFs, one presenting the main data with the lines and the other being the header, this is the template.

However, something strange is still happening, both are defined in Word as a portrait mode, however when visualizing in the EBS, it seems that the template layout that has the header appears in landscape mode and disables the stuff!!!

To force the realignment, I changed the mode of the landscape template, which does not make much sense.

I'm getting in the end view the expected effect, but it's very strange and if someone gets to maintain the future can be confused!

Has anyone had this problem?
dr_gori
Moderador
Moderador
Thomas F. G

I'vê never seen it.
But how nice that you managed to do it! That's right there.
  • Information