Why is Oracle Apex is little widespread in Brazil?

Oracle Application Express - web application development tool (antigamente conhecido como Oracle HTML-DB)
stcoutinho
Moderador
Moderador

I do not know if you share my opinion, but I feel that - contrary to what happens abroad - the Oracle Apex is very little disseminated in Brazil [/ u] and to even in Latin America.

I understand that there are other more powerful free platforms, such as Java. But I understand that Apex's learning curve is much faster, and Application Express can be developed on an XE base, 100% free.

In your opinion, why do you think there is this low penetration of Apex in the market? Do you agree, disagree? What is your personal opinion on the subject?

Hugs to forists,

Sergio Coutinho
dr_gori
Moderador
Moderador
Thomas F. G

Você já respondeu a dúvida de alguém hoje?
https://glufke.net/oracle/search.php?search_id=unanswered

They really are few. It's hard to find a vacancy just for Apex programmer.
Until today, I only worked in a company that used Apex, and by the way, it was a very good system. A type of indicator panel, full of graphics, and managerial information. (It was a great choice the apex for this project).

There are providers who support Apex, but they are expensive ... maybe that's why the people end up choosing to make their sites in php, or java ... (almost free)

:?
anderson.silva

OPA,

Courses and vacancies are already emerging in this area.
I did Apex course here in Porto Alegre and talking to the staff, I realized that the level of satisfaction of both the developer and the end-user is very good.
The big problem is the migration of systems, which is a very complicated process, both in learning a new language, and in the paradigm break.
But I think it's at this point that Apex will earn many adepts.
I have no doubt that Apex will gain expression and will climb many steps soon.
At least it's what I bet and I'm investing (hehehe).

Hugs,

Anderson de Abreu Silva
Rafael_Santos

I believe that it is the fact that natural expansion of the systems.
Apex and FREE, but has a limited amount of storage space, if the company needs more space would have to sign contract with Oracle.
Another factor I see and the lack of skilled labor in Apex instead that he is not widespread.
Tinho

My first contact with Apex caused me strangeness by mixing the web elements with database, but it is a matter of adaptation, particularly I have not had many difficulties. But I think it is necessary that the analyst, developer has knowledge of basic technology advertisements such as (x) HTML, CSS, JavaScript, Ajax.

In a simplistic opinion, it seemed to me a Miscellany made by Oracle that mixes several technologies. That Monday Oracle propria specifies: "It is a tool for PL / SQL developers who do not know Web can develop pages."

In practice, I participated in two large and complex projects, on the same customer in the tourism and travel and the language perfectly attended all the needs of the technical part to the end user, with good performance and stability.

in relation to the proposal of the technology offered, I believe it is going against the market trend of the "Design Patterns" in structuring the layered solution or separate client-side Server-Side code , interface or center business rules in modules. In my opinion, Apex continues to be a structured language with packages that send requests to the server that interprets the data and the re-directed Returning the HTML source. Perhaps therefore, there may be a certain resistance in IT managers / projects in joining the tool. Unless the company is an Oracle partner, which has a complete tool solution and has the need for customization and / or maintenance. Which is what I think happens.

of the projects I participated, clearly perceived confusion and divergences in defining a "standard of development" using this technology, thanks to the flexibility it allows. For example, in some projects, depending on the manager or technical leader, he oriented to use the specific packages and methods for each function how to create a header, tables, paragraph, alignment, formatting, open and close tags and how others simply instructed to use The "htp.p" and insert web code as a parameter. Which generated endless discussions. I always defended the use of language packs, because otherwise it would be to meet the tool proposal.

That's it! Now for us professionals, I think it is a good niche market because it is a very specific knowledge, although the vacancies are restricted I think it is a good opportunity.

Att.,
luhborba

Even today, I see very little use of Apex in Brazil, especially in my state. But I see a small evolution.

work for a public body in Paraíba and a new Oracle Adept Manager, decided to migrate and to deploy existing applications for APEX. The process is walking a little slowly for lack of content for learning, but 40% of the tools have already been migrated and with great satisfaction of all those involved.
But courses and a more active community are still left. For the tool is very agile and powerful.
  • Information