How to publish two distinct applications using Tomcat?

Forum destinado a Linguagem JAVA! Classes, orientação a objeto, conexão com banco, chamada de procedures, etc
SPECIALIZED

Guys, good afternoon.

I do not understand anything about Java, I am a database developer and have passed a installation of an application on a single application server, by the installation manual, it is basically installing Tomcat, Memory settings and rows in Java OPTIONS, then move the .WAR file to the WebApps folder and climb the Tomcat service, however on this server already there is another application that uses Tomcat, in the "conf / context.xml" file Tomcat has a code to make connection in Oracle (below):

Select all

<Resource auth="Container" driverClassName="oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver" 
maxActive="10" maxIdle="4" maxWait="10" name="jdbc/taxitDS" 
type="javax.sql.DataSource" username="<USER>" 
password="<PASSWORD>" 
url="jdbc:oracle:thin:@<SERVER>:<PORT>/<SERVICE_NAME>" 
validationQuery="select 1 from dual"/> 
The application manual that I have to install, does not mention anything about creating a code like this, so much is that the connection with The database will be made after entering the URL that the application settings are started ...
I tried to simply play the .war file in the WebApps folder, I restarted the Tomcat service, I waited a few minutes until I finished creating the structure within this webapps folder and tested the URL, but it did not work, only the Ntigo application.

Someone could give me a help, like I said, I do not know anything about Java?

Thanks in advance
  • Information