Commit differences in Forms? help!

Dicas do Oracle Forms Builder - Blocos, Itens, LOV, Canvas, Triggers, comandos, PLL, d2kwutil, FMB, Alert, menus, etc

Poston Wed, 14 May 2008 5:51 pm

Hello dear Masters good night please someone knows me explain clearly what is the difference between the following commit '' s in forms?
Code: Select all
do_key('commit_form');
FORMS_DDL ('COMMIT');
commit_form;
commit;
standard.commit;

:-o
bertosro

Bertosro
MSN / TALK - roberto.fernandes@gmail.com

Poston Wed, 14 May 2008 6:08 pm

Realizaei some tests and got the following conclusion: do_key (' commit_form '); /* Commit Forms (S) Oracle (S) */FORMS_DDL (' COMMIT '); /* Commit Forms (N) Oracle (S) */commit_form; /* Commit Forms (S) Oracle (S) */commit; /* Commit Forms (S) Oracle (S) */standard. commit; /* Commit Forms (N) Oracle (S) */Please comment ...
Thank you.
bertosro

Bertosro

Poston Wed, 14 May 2008 6:13 pm

Here we go: commit_form, do_key (' commit_form '), commit The 3 options do the same thing! This commit, first makes the POST of the information in the Bank and then comita. Example: * you change a base block-table information.
* This information will not pro oracle immediately. The forms only a select FOR UPDATE on line, and \"recently\" her on the bench. (don't let anyone change) * when you run this COMMIT, the forms: (1)-Sends literally the UPDATE or INSERT, etc to the Bank!
(2)-Comita information. (releasing the line for another person também)

FORMS_DDL (' COMMIT ') and standard. commit is the commit performed only in the ORACLE database.
Example: * you spin a procedure in amending the base lines.
* After the standard commit, only the information of the Bank will be committed, the POST will not be done as in the example above. That is, it's like a COMMIT within the procedure rather than the forms ...

Normally uses only the COMMIT. In rare cases it is necessary to commit only at the Bank.

If what I said above is wrong, correct me:-D
dr_gori

Thomas F. G

Poston Thu, 15 May 2008 8:22 am

Hi There Thomas F. G. Good Morning!
Thanks for the reply.
as for the POST command; What exactly le do?
bertosro

Bertosro

Poston Thu, 15 May 2008 9:10 am

The post changes on the BENCH all the guy is typing/changing blocks. But the POST comita. Just do the updates!

If you change something in the block, the forms does not send the information at the same time for the Bank. Will only at the time of the COMMIT or the POST. :-o
dr_gori

Thomas F. G

Poston Thu, 15 May 2008 9:19 am

I mean that if I do a POST I can just do a Select on those data, however, if you don't perform the COMMIT to exit the screen , this information is not committed are ignored???
Porva

Rafael S. Nunes
São Paulo/SP

Poston Tue, 09 Sep 2008 3:46 pm

After giving the Post, you just see the value in the session itself, that is typically used to book a value (register), you can use sequence effect.
SPECIALIZED

Poston Wed, 13 Apr 2016 2:43 pm

Hello, good afternoon.
I had a problem in form and fix it by changing the commit to standard. commit;
It was the following: in the way there was for the user to mark and checbox click a print button. Beauty! The man struck more of a checkbox and it happened!!! " frm-40401 on changes to save ".

That part did insert straight into a database table--took out the commit, put the standard. commit and was great.

Code: Select all
   IF :WIP_DEN_V.IDPRINT = 'S' THEN
           BEGIN         
             INSERT INTO WIP_002
                (IDREG
                ,ORGANIZATION_ID
                ,WIP_ENTITY_ID
                ,CREATION_DATE
                ,CREATED_BY
                ,LAST_UPDATE_DATE
                ,LAST_UPDATED_BY
                )