Forms 6i Bank connection 11 g 64 bit

Dicas do Oracle Forms Builder - Blocos, Itens, LOV, Canvas, Triggers, comandos, PLL, d2kwutil, FMB, Alert, menus, etc

Poston Tue, 03 Apr 2012 6:18 pm

Hello guys.

I wonder if anyone managed to connect the Forms 6i with Oracle Database 11 g Pathset 5:0 pm a 64 bits?

Is there any path or client that makes the forms 6i connect with the 64-bit Bank?

I thank you.
Abs.
David FBS Sistemas

www.fbssistemas.com.br
david@fbssistemas.com.br

Poston Tue, 10 Apr 2012 1:19 pm

David, This ADDS link ( http://glufke.net/oracle/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=8142 ), the folks informs that managed to connect with the 11 g using FORMS 6I, but I don't know if it would be exactly the situation that describes.

Hugs, Sergio Coutinho
stcoutinho

Poston Tue, 10 Apr 2012 1:46 pm

Hi David, I was really stoked with your question and I went for a " poke around " in METALINK.

The note 338513.1 informs you that the FORMS/REPORTS 6i (17 PATHSET) is certified for ORACLE 10 g REL1 (10.1).

For versions of subsequent to this Bank (10.2. x, 11), the Metalink reports 6i product ever was certified, due to de-support this relase. Despite this, remember the link that you gave, where a forista said that installed with ORACLE 11 g XE (32 bits).

Maybe you can ask it in the forums OTN, or some forista can give you more information. In the case of a productive environment, I recommend that you don't risk work under these conditions, because you will not have Oracle support.

Hugs, Sergio Coutinho
stcoutinho

Poston Tue, 26 Feb 2013 12:14 am

Guys, works Yes, both the Forms6i and the Reports. My current structure is as follows: Notebook Windows 7 Home Basic 64 bit Forms6i + Reports + Oracle11gXE.

1st after installing the Dev6 following a tutorial found on the forum itself, installed patch17 + patch18.
I copied the files tnsnames.ora, sqlnet.ora and listener.ora oraclexe folder to your place in orant folder equivalent.

2nd change the NLS_CHARACTERSET UTF8-BANK-SELECT to VIEW the current SELECT * FROM NLS_DATABASE_PARAMETERS WHERE PARAMETER = ' NLS_CHARACTERSET ';
-COMMANDS TO RUN AS SYSDBA SHUTDOWN IMMEDIATE;
STARTUP RESTRICT;
alter database character set UTF8 internal_use;
SHUTDOWN IMMEDIATE;
STARTUP;

3 DISABLE CASE SENSITIVE ORACLE 11 g--to SEE the CURRENT SHOW DEFINITION PARAMETER SEC_CASE_SENSITIVE_LOGON;
--TO MAKE THE CHANGE ALTER SYSTEM SET SEC_CASE_SENSITIVE_LOGON = FALSE;

4 change the SQLNET.NOW TO (NONE)--HERE LIES THE SECRET OF ALL SUCCESS.
SQLNET.Toolssqlnet.authentication_services = (NONE) in the last step, I made the change in both the C:oraclexeapporacleproduct11.2.0server
etworkADMIN folder as C:orantNET80ADMIN. Recalling that first installed database, then installed the Dev6 and copied the files tnsnames.ora and listener.ora sqlnet.ora, the first path to the second. Being that the file must be in the folder ADMIN tnsnames and in the TNSAPI folder of the directory " " and listener.ora file orant belongs only in TNSAPI.
ecio

"É o grau de comprometimento que determina o sucesso e não a quantidade de seguidores."

Poston Thu, 07 Apr 2016 10:39 am

Hello to all!

: idea: I'vê been out of this forum for some time (4 years) but, whenever needed turn to him and has helped me a lot, and as could not be otherwise, helped me again, so I share this information.

Subject: Forms 6i <-> Windows 7 64 <-> 11gr2 Bank (not x). beleza. : wink: I couldn't do the forms 6i path 17 connect with 11gR2-64. Gave me error of the listener.

I followed all the instructions in this post and me worked like a charm the only thing not listed in this post is that I had to the shortcut to the forms change the compatibility of the same stops Windows XP sp2 and get run as Administrator .

The more it all worked out.

Abços and thanks.
almir.jg

• See also
    Replies
    Views
    Last Post

Return to Forms