Forms 6i connection with bank 11g 64 bits

Dicas do Oracle Forms Builder - Blocos, Itens, LOV, Canvas, Triggers, comandos, PLL, d2kwutil, FMB, Alert, menus, etc
David FBS Sistemas
www.fbssistemas.com.br
david@fbssistemas.com.br

Hey guys.

Would you like to know if anyone was able to connect Forms 6i with Pathset 17 on an Oracle 11G 64 Bit Bank?

Is there any path or client that makes Forms 6i connect with bank 64 bits?

Thanks.
ABS.
stcoutinho
Moderador
Moderador

David,

In this glufke link http://en.glufke.net/oracle/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=8142 , the staff reports that I was able to connect with 11G using Forms 6i, but I do not know if it would be exactly the situation it describes.

Hugs,

Sergio Coutinho
stcoutinho
Moderador
Moderador

Hi David,

I was grated with your question and went to give a "funcquery" in metalink .

The note 338513.1 informs that Forms / Reports 6i (Pathset 17) is certified for Oracle 10G rel1 (10.1.x).

for bank versions after this (10.2.x, 11.x), Metalink informs that the product 6i has never been certified due to the support of this relase. Despite this, remember the link I passed you, where a forist said he installed with Oracle 11g Xe (32 bits).

Maybe you can question this in the forums of OTN, or some forums can give you more information. If it is a productive environment, I recommend you not risk working under these conditions because you will not support Oracle.

Hugs,

Sergio Coutinho
ecio
"É o grau de comprometimento que determina o sucesso e não a quantidade de seguidores."

Personally, yes, both Forms6i and Reports. My current structure is as follows:
Notebook Windows 7 Home Basic 64Bits
Forms6i + Reports + Oracle1gxe.

1º After installing Dev6 following a tutorial found in the forum itself, I installed Patch17 + Patch18.
I copied the sqlnet.ora files, tnsnames.ora and listener.ora from the OrcLexe folder to your place equivalent in the orant folder.

2nd Changing the Bank NLS_CHARACTERSET to UTF8

- Select to see the current

Select all

SELECT * FROM NLS_DATABASE_PARAMETERS WHERE PARAMETER = 'NLS_CHARACTERSET';
- Commands to perform As sysdba

Select all

SHUTDOWN IMMEDIATE; 
STARTUP RESTRICT; 
alter database character set internal_use UTF8; 
SHUTDOWN IMMEDIATE; 
STARTUP;
3rd disable case sensitive oracle 11g
to see the current definition

Select all

SHOW PARAMETER SEC_CASE_SENSITIVE_LOGON;
- to make the Amendment

Select all

ALTER SYSTEM SET SEC_CASE_SENSITIVE_LOGON = FALSE;
4th change the sqlnet.ora to (none)
- Here is the secret of all success.

Select all

SQLNET.AUTHENTICATION_SERVICES = (NONE)
In the last step, I changed both in the C:\oraclexe\app\oracle\product\11.2.0\server\network\ADMIN folder as well as C:\orant\NET80\ADMIN remembering that I first installed database, then I installed the DEV6 I copied the sqlnet.ora files, tnsnames.ora and listener.ora from the first path to the second. The TNSNames file must be in the Admin folder and in the TnSAPI folder of the "ORAANT" directory and the Listener file.ora must be only in TNSAPI.
almir.jg

Hello everybody!

: Idea: I was out of this forum for a while (4 years old) but whenever I needed him and he has helped me a lot, and since it could not be different, it helped me once more , so I share this information.

Subject: Forms 6i <-> Windows 7 64 <-> Bank 11gr2 (not XE). OK. : Wink:

I could not do Forms 6i Path 17 if you connect with Bank 11gr2 - 64. It made me listener error.

I followed all the instructions in this post and it worked right the only thing that was not in this post is that I had to in the shortcut to the forms change the Compatibility of the same windows xp sp2 and send run as administrator .

From the most everything worked.

Fills and valeu.
  • Information