Forms 6: connection between different base objects

Dicas do Oracle Forms Builder - Blocos, Itens, LOV, Canvas, Triggers, comandos, PLL, d2kwutil, FMB, Alert, menus, etc
djoq

Hello everyone, can anyone help with a problem below?

I have a form in version 6, which connects with the EBS interface tables, and other tables that are at the base of the EBS. It turns out that the tables in my form are not on the same basis. In this case when calling a procedure I use the syntax APPS.PROCEDURE@PRD good until then all ok.
Only the bank version where the EBS tables are, it's 11g.
there, when I compile my forms it hangs in these parts where it has the call of procedures (@prd).

What can we do to solve this? Is there any updates, any path?

Thank you in advance.
Trevisolli
Moderador
Moderador
Abraço,

Trevisolli
OCA Oracle PL/SQL Developer Certified Associate
OCP Oracle Forms Developer Certified Professional
Araraquara-SP

Brother, blzinha?

Then the @PRD is indicating a dblink for this other base, in this case, EBS.
Will I leave the topic open to the other forists, beleza?
Just a question, this call with DBLink is direct in your form, correct?
I could not take a test, with this call in a bank procedure, not EBS, but, from the other instance, and call this another in your form?
(I do not know if I could express myself correctly).

Whatever, send us.
embrace,
djoq

Hi Trevisolli, you can leave the forum open yes, thank you.
It's just as you described, DBLink is in my form. This test you said, calling the procedure with DBLink by the bank, it worked perfectly.
The problem is only on call by Form. NOTE: This form is already old, the last time it was compiled without errors was before we migrated the EBS bank to version 11. Half last year.
Now we have this problem, involving the versions ..

If you have other tips, I'm grateful!

Embrace
gwbaptista

Hi everyone, beleza?

Someone managed to solve this forms 6i problem?

I just migrated a database from version 10G to 11g and when I try to compile a forms by calling a bank procedure, which uses DBLink or even a synonym that points to another bank Through a dblink, he hangs.

embrace,
dr_gori
Moderador
Moderador
Thomas F. G

Você já respondeu a dúvida de alguém hoje?
https://glufke.net/oracle/search.php?search_id=unanswered

When I try to compile a forms by calling a bank procedure, which uses DBLink or even a synonym that points to another bank through a dblink, it locks [/quote]

Strange. Have you tried to create a view from your table that makes Query in DB_LINK? And then use only the view?
Example:

Select all

VIEW tabelax: 
SELECT * FROM TABELAX@DB0001
gwbaptista

Personnel, problem solved !!!

I decided to set up a procedure in the database to make new tests and within this procedure I created several selects using the synonyms that use Dblinks. I realized that some selects did not lock the forms during compilation.

Looking at View DBA_Synonyms and comparing the synonyms that caught the compilation of Forms and those who did not fight in, I discovered a detail, the Table_Win column was null in the lines corresponding to the synonyms cause Problem, probably during the creation of the synonym was not specified the OWNER of the destination bank, example:
1-) Synonymous that caused the problem:

Select all

create public synonym SYN_OWNER.SYN_NAME for TABLE_NAME@DBLINK;

2-) Synonymous that did not cause the problem:

Select all

create public synonym SYN_OWNER.SYN_NAME for TABLE_OWNER.TABLE_NAME@DBLINK; 
Note: The synonyms only did not work by compiling the Forms 6 Calling database procedures.

Solution: I recreate all the public synonyms using the Table_Owner of the destination bank and all forms were successfully recompiled at Bank 11G.

Another detail, making these changes in the synonyms, the forms were also successfully compiled in Bank 12C.

embrace,
  • Information