Error 304500: Non-Oracle Exception

Dicas do Oracle Forms Builder - Blocos, Itens, LOV, Canvas, Triggers, comandos, PLL, d2kwutil, FMB, Alert, menus, etc
Pablo
Pablo

Save Masters ...
I recently installed Windows 8 64bit (do not make the same stupid), I installed Forms 6i ... until then beleza ... but when I'm referring to ORA_FFI ( I call the reports to print) raise this error message

Select all

Error 304500: NON-ORACLE EXCEPTION
Does anyone know what it may be?!

Hugs
stcoutinho
Moderador
Moderador

Hello Pablo,

I do not work with Forms, but in the forums, the staff often say that "Forms 6i" is incompatible with "Windows 7". I understand that in your case it worked for you in windows 7 and it stopped working on windows 8, right?

So I found this explanation in this link from Oracle OTN Forums https://community.oracle.com/message/1620390?tstart=0), It may be that she can help you in your problem:

Select all

Hello, 

What are the instructions coded in the When-New-Form-Instance ? 

This error can be raised when using the ORA_FFI functions. 
ORA-304500: Failed ORA_FFI call 

Cause: Oracle Forms is unable to call a function in the specified dll. 

Action: 
1. Make sure the dll is located in either the ORACLE_HOME or DOS path. 

2. Make sure that 32-bit dlls are used with 32-bit applications. Likewise, 16-bit dlls should only be used with 16-bit applications. 
V. General Information 

When FRM-40735 occurs, you sometimes need to create an exception handler to trap the error that Oracle Forms is encountering. An exception handler can be used to perform a certain set of operations whenever the error condition is encountered. 

When you use packages such as ORA_FFI and DDE, creating an exception handler within the package is a good idea. 
For additional information on exception handlers, refer to Oracle Support bulletin Note 61383.1 Trapping Database or Application Errors 

Francois 

Hugs,

Sergio Coutinho
Pablo
Pablo

Good afternoon Sergio.

face .... Well ... I had seen this ... but, what DLL are these ?? I could not locate ...

If you have any ideas or someone from the forum has passed through this.

T +
stcoutinho
Moderador
Moderador

Pablo,

I appealed to Metalink and it has a name name OERR: ORA 304500 ORA_FFI Exception (Doc ID 37879.1)

As I can not post here the content of the note, I can only It is advancing that:

- This error code is a generic exception generated by Package Ora_FFI;
- To recover exactly the error message, you need to add some error message capture routine generated by this package;
- The note suggests that an exception treatment routine is added at the end of the Body Package "ORA_FFI", which appears more or less com:

Select all

: 
   : 
  EXCEPTION 
    WHEN OTHERS THEN 
      FOR i IN 1..Tool_Err.NErrors LOOP 
        MESSAGE(Tool_Err.Message); 
        PAUSE; 
        Tool_Err.Pop; 
      END LOOP; 
    END;
I suggest you see the note directly for more information.

Hugs,

Sergio Coutinho
Pablo
Pablo

Oops ... beleza Sergio ... Thanks for the commitment ... I'll do this and then post it here.

Thanks face.
Pablo
Pablo

Good morning people.

look ... I did what Sergio suggested ... I put the exception in the call of my program ... and the error return is "Pointer null"

Now is the doubt, it is the DLL or Ora_FFI incompatible with 64 bit (I have already converted the DLL to 64 bit and did not solve) .. So if someone has any tips.

Hugs
Pablo
Pablo

Friends .... I discovered what happens.
In fact the problem is not with the forms, but Windows 8.
look. The DLL is located on the network and Windows 8 (I do not know why) does not point to network files (DLL, icons, among others) ... If you call the DLL in the machine C ,,, it's a beauty .

That's it.

Hugs and thank you guys.
  • Information