How does the backup and restore??

Backup, Recover, Import, Export, Datapump, etc

Poston Mon, 08 Sep 2014 4:03 pm

Hello, good afternoon!!
I don't know anything about oracle administratively speaking ... I only know how to make the Basic (select, insert, update, and delete statements), anyway. I want to get a doubt so don't try to trick me. A backup was performed on a test basis, but when testing the system he didn't record giving error of ORA-00001. Researched and is a recording error duplicate key first, right? Correct me if I'm wrong, please.
Then the Bank, did his research and found solutions how to delete the constranint and let write duplicate.. Got questions on head:?::?: so here below is what he found:
Resolution: The option (s) to resolve this Oracle error are: Option # 1-Drop the unique constraint.
Option # 2-Change the constraint to allow duplicate values.
Option # 3-Modify your SQL so that the duplicate value is not created.

They just don't come into my head that once was backed up, everything is included, sequence, triggers, procedures.. What has to come.
My question is: when backing up, it is possible that he did only the tables, without catching the other information such as triggers, procedure and etcs..?.?.?

I was intrigued because I use postgres and create sequence in it, and when I do the backup and restaração it comes up, but I do for postgres and pgAdmin is much simpler than Oracle. I don't know if by DOS or any other way would be different.

Oh, and I noticed that apparently também the também indexs don't add up because I tried to write another table and gave this error owner.SYS_C0039886. From what I understand this would be a reference to an index. Would Be?

Oracle's 11 g.

Att, Gisele Gee
Gisele Gonçalves

Poston Thu, 11 Sep 2014 9:21 pm

Gisele, post here the scripts you are using to back up, ok?

The article http://www.fabioprado.net/2011/03/serie ... -rman.html will help you to understand the basic concepts about backup. For your problem I think you're making a logical backup with Datapump or Export conventional, right?

[] s
fbifabio

Fábio Prado
www.fabioprado.net

Return to DBA Backup / Recover