Rep-4004

Dicas e truques sobre Oracle Reports Builder - modo gráfico ou modo caractere, ascii, arquivo .PRT, etc
cleiton_os

Good afternoon people. Some time ago I developed a report where I inserted an OLE with an image object. Now I need to maintain this report and when I try to open it shows the rep-4004 error message.
I use the Report Builder version 6.0.8.25.0.
I believe that if I can open the report I can eliminate this OLE object and end the error.
stcoutinho
Moderador
Moderador

Hello Cleiton,

I do not know Oracle Reports, but there is a Metalink note that describes this problem a little

Comprehensive Note for REP-4004 ERROR When Opening to RDF With Reports Builder (Doc ID 276479.1)
According to note, possible causes for the problem may be:
a) There is an OLE object defined in the RDF and there is a failure / corruption in the object that prevents its opening by the Reports Builder;
B) The report was not compiled and balance after any modification in the layout;
C) This is a bug of Reports 6i (Bug: 1717000 Cannot Open RDF File With Ob Object), which would imply a need for any updating patch
to NOTE In this response presents some alternatives to try to remedy this problem.

Good luck,

Sergio Coutinho
  • Information