Example Model Documentation Database Database

DBA Geral (instalação, configuração do banco, scripts do Sql*Plus, shell scripts, batch scripts, etc...)
LCA

I need a guideline for the following if you can help me
I was in charge of making a survey of an Oracle base and verifying what was possible to do in it
In terms of bank administration
the base is some time without an administrator (was managed by users)
gave me the following information
- Bank data - Login, name bank, host, password. The user login does not have DBA privilegio and system administrator - is from a normal user
with this I had to make some DBA scripts aiming to optimize what would be possible on this base (for example Create User, Roles, Schemas, etc.)
After some tests I raised some useful information as size of the bank, tablespaces, last establish generated, etc .... anyway ... bank administrator scripts
I found that the user It has privileges only of systems developer - create views, procedures, etc.
I would like to know if there is any kind of default documentation for this type of survey, what is the name (for example Visao document, etc.) and how should I Do to document this type of request
I used some tools - Erwin, Oracle Data Modeler, Schema Spy, etc ... I tested a 4, in order to generate the tables, objects and dictionary of data from this user
The only thing I could not have been generating the mer (in no tool I used I managed to generate the mer)
I now need to document all this procedure, besides mentioning the privileges that the user has and the information of the data dicionary of the user and the schema that it belongs
by kindness, where Meet a model of this document and what is the name that is for this type of documentation
?
I would also like to know which bank objects and administrator tasks are interesting to document in a database
a huge abs to all
I will be immensely grateful if you can help me with examples
Luiz
DanielNN
Moderador
Moderador
att,

Daniel N.N.

Hello LCA,
About Mer being generated, there is the "Enterprise Architect" tool that can read the bank objects and generate this mer, just need the ODBC configured to achieve this reading.

Note: It is not a free tool. But you may be able to accomplish your task in the trial version.
OBS2: The tool is specialized for generating system documentation using UML and so on.

As for other demands, I believe other forists can contribute too, I am currently busy.
LCA

danielnn wrote: Hello LCA,
About Mer being generated, there is the "Enterprise Architect" tool that can read the bank objects and generate this mer, need only the ODBC configured to achieve this reading .

Note: It is not a free tool. But you may be able to accomplish your task in the trial version.
OBS2: The tool is specialized for generating system documentation using UML and so on.

As for other demands, I believe other forists can contribute as well, I am currently busy.
Daniel, thanks for the return
I tried the Enterprise Architect and I could not generate the model .... I do not know why. of the rest did everything
wanted to see how an example / documentation model would be an Oracle base but not from a database project but of an inherent documentation on a survey of a bank so I can follow this example to be done
souldeath

LCA , I found a tool called Datedo and found it very interesting, it has a free version and one paid with more features, the only problem is that it saves the documentation in a SQL Server repository :( [[
On the tool site: http://dataedo.com/ has examples of the documentation that is generated, you may even use as a basis.
LCA

LCA , I found a tool called Datedo and found it very interesting, it has a free version and one paid with more resources, the only problem is that it saves the documentation in a SQL Server Repository :(
On the tool site: http://dataedo.com/ has examples of the documentation that is generated, you may even use as a base. [/quote]
Hello Souldeath
Thanks for the tip
I saw and tried to execute by this tool but I could not ... I managed with Enterprise Architect and with Oracle Data Modeler but in both as The base is very big (DW) I could not generate mer
I liked the documentation models generated by the Datedo ... a pity that I could not generate any of them

• Information