With LOCK?!!!

Dúvidas, dicas e truques de PL/SQL. Aqui também vão assuntos relacionados a pacotes, triggers, funções, Java-Stored Procedures, etc

Poston Wed, 13 Apr 2005 1:58 pm

:-o
Guys, good morning.

I would like if possible, which were answered two questions, please: 1) Select for Update-> carried out whenever I want to manipulate data from a line. For example, give an Update and make sure that no one will move in this same record/line.

Doubt: it \"freezes\" the entire row or column (s) referenced in the update?

2) what the functionality of WITH LOCK in clauses? It would be the same For Update function, but with a few other privileges?

muito thanks, hugs, cheezburger network
Trevisolli

Poston Wed, 27 Apr 2005 3:11 pm

Hello, I know the for update will block the entire line, not per column, is per record.
And there's another, if you do a select for update without where he will give lock on the whole table. He will come on lines lockar query.
This lock is just to update, because you will be able to select from a table in lock normally.
About the with lock I don't know anything about it. I'vê used the lock table [table] in exclusive mode; that does the same thing ...
lamanita

Samuel, o lamanit@

Poston Mon, 03 Oct 2005 10:11 am

Still within the subject of Lock 's, can I know which line is being lockada and by which user?
Let's say q is a user lockando a line and I want to find q line is this, is it possible?

Grateful, Carlos Eduardo
delphicarlos

Carlos Eduardo Cabral

• See also
    Replies
    Views
    Last Post

Return to PL/SQL