In addition to UTL_File, there is another way to display a file.txt?

Dúvidas, dicas e truques de PL/SQL. Aqui também vão assuntos relacionados a pacotes, triggers, funções, Java-Stored Procedures, etc
Tsunami

Hey guys.

I tried to use the UTL_File to open the file in the report, but I verified that the files are on another served that is not the database.

Does anyone know from another package or another way to open a.txt file and display in Report?

I need a lot.

I await
dr_gori
Moderador
Moderador
Thomas F. G

Você já respondeu a dúvida de alguém hoje?
https://glufke.net/oracle/search.php?search_id=unanswered

Depends on the version.

If you are using reports in client / server mode and your file is on the machine that is running the Reports, you can use text_io.

If the file is on another network machine, I think you will have to bring this file to the machine where the Reports is. (Or, for the machine is the Oracle server, hence using UTL_FILE).

If you are using FORMS / REPORTS with IAS, then you use the Webutil in place of text_io ...

What is your version and how is this File ...
Is it worth sending Pro Oracle server? Is this routine run many times? I think each case is a case ...

: Shock:
Tsunami

Hello Dr_Gori.

Good I am using the Oracle 9i version so much that the files are .txt and all of them are stored on another server that is not the database. I think so it will not work the UTL_File.

Now I think to uar then text_io will not give because the files as I spoke, are on another server.

And unfortunately there are many files that must be rotated, so it is not feasible for me, play all .txt files on the database server.

Would you know another form?

Thanks.

Rodrigo
dr_gori
Moderador
Moderador
Thomas F. G

Você já respondeu a dúvida de alguém hoje?
https://glufke.net/oracle/search.php?search_id=unanswered

Well, since 9i, you have two options:
* put these files on the machine that is running and using the Webutil to access the files of the machine itself. (Type, at the drive c: of the machine itself). -> In version 9i, the Textio runs on the IAS machine, and not on the client itself. So use Webutil, which you can access files from Him C.
* or you find a way to take Pro Oracle Server and use UTL_File ...

Do not want to use any of these features, then you have to opt for the use of other technologies ...
* can create a program in java, for example that it is running on this machine where the files are and does the service .. .
* Create a job, crontab or something so copies these files to your machine or pro oracle server ...
* etc ...
Forms work, I would opt for the server, because it is better to centralize things than having files scattered on the machines ... etc ...

It's up to you to decide how it will be ...

8)
bapocalypse
Bruno Apocalypse

Friend, quickly reading your text I have recently learned a very useful functionality. EXTERNAL TABLES, which are TXT files for example viewed by the bank as if they were tables.
Look for it, maybe it may be helpful.

a basic link on how to use: http://www.adp-gmbh.ch/ora/misc/ext_table.html
Hugs!
  • Information