With Lock? !!!

Dúvidas, dicas e truques de PL/SQL. Aqui também vão assuntos relacionados a pacotes, triggers, funções, Java-Stored Procedures, etc
Trevisolli
Moderador
Moderador

: -The
personal, good morning.

I would like to be clarified. For example, give an update, and make sure no one will tinker on this same record / line.

Doubt: He "hangs" the entire line or the column (s) referenced in the update?

2) What is the functionality of With Lock in the clauses? Would it be the same function as update, but with some other privileges?

Thanks,

Hugs,

Trevisolli
lamanita
Samuel, o lamanit@

Hello,
I know the forddate will block the whole line, it is not by column, it is by registration.
and have another, if you do a select for update without WHERE, it will give lock on the whole table. It will lock the lines that come in the consultation.
This lock is just for update, because you will be able to select a table in Lock normally.
About With Lock I do not know anything about it. I have already used the Lock Table [Table] in exclusive mode; That does the same thing ...
delphicarlos
Carlos Eduardo Cabral

Still within the issue of Lock's, it is possible for me to know which line is being locked and for which user?
Let's say a user is locking a line and I want to find that line is this, is it possible?

grateful,

Carlos Eduardo
  • Information